Feb 5, 2013

EROC day ONE

Me and Titty on our way to breakfast... it's dark outside and it's Saturday...

I love how EROC evolve each year... I am very happy to be a part of the ever growing European rollerderby scene. I am not sure how excited I am about getting up at 07.00 my days off work...

I came to represent Stockholm together with our new Chairperson/Leauge President Reddie and our most experienced referee Fluke, both are two people I respect and enjoy spending time with.

First day was getting up early and hurry to the breakfast, say hello to a bunch of people that I like to call my friends (that would be the people I hadn't seen the night before at the welcoming party). It's always nice to see how many we are that show up to shape the future of European Rollerderby...

Say HELLO to Chairman Red... (I wanna star calling her Mao for no reason at all)
The conference started with leagues being grouped together. According to when they were founded : veteran, intermediate and veteran. Since Stockholm was founded in 2007 we ended up in the veteran group, the discussion pretty much followed the theme of what EROC 2013 would be about - WFTDA membership, national organizations, growing and merby.

After that I spent a little time listening to the Social Network System that sponsor Berlin and how they structure their communication. It was quite interesting, but not really sure if Stockholm need another forum...

Bloody Mary doing simple math so we all can understand what she's talking about...
Bloody Mary held a WFTDA talk with member leagues and AP leagues, as usual it's interesting to hear what Bloody has to say since she's going in on her 11th season as a player and have worked with WFTDA since 2009.
Paying attention... 
In the end of the day I was starving and headed for dinner with Red and a bunch of mostly officials (I don't know how this happens all the time) and had AMAZING Pho! Best Pho since I left Seattle!

When finished with food I went over to Master Blasters store Quad and hung out , Stefanie Mainey was fitting people with atoms new boots, I tried them on and they were surprisingly comfortable. And then I went out for a bite with KidBlock and Mainey, before I headed home to Titty and Anna






No comments:

Post a Comment