Dec 4, 2012

New boots to keep the walk in

I fell in love with Nancy Sinatra a looong time ago, in my early teens, I remember getting my first Nancy Sinatra CD at some store in NYC on some trip to visit friends... I don't know why, but I know that "those boots are made for walking"  was what I first found. I adored Sinatra, I listened to her all the time, but not only her but Hole, Bikini Kill, Candy Suck, Levellers, Marlene Dietrich, Edith Piaff and an interesting mix of old school and newschool punk, not to talk about the electronic music I danced nights away too. I had about as an eclectic taste in music back then as I do now. I would lecture anyone on the unfairness of society and make out with all my female friend on the subway... to provoce, but also because I probably was a little closeted lesbian... who would have known...

I had big boots and I stopmed around in Stockholm, shaved head and thinknig I was TankGirl, I loved those boots, I got them in London with my mother, she would not lert me get the steeltoe ones, so my first boots were certainly not steelcaps, but they were bought in London, so I guess that was cool enough... I am quite sure this was not hte kind of boots that Nancy Sinatra were singing about... but it was what I imagine she meant.... I think my mother might have thrown them away when I left Stockholm at the age of 17-18, since I at that time only wore skater shoes...

 Well, I don't know... but it makes me sad... they are gone and I been thinking about buying a pair of new boots for years and years but I guess I just have not been ready until now. I just have not found  a pair that fit me, I am about as picky with my boots as I am with my skates... and this weekend I finally found the boots I wanted in my size...

It is winter here, it was about time, things are changing, I need to make my mind up, what lays ahead... I want to explore a whole new world in my boots... my converse gets to wet... 

My walk to work
My new boots that will take me places when they don't give me blisters no more

No comments:

Post a Comment