Aug 19, 2011

Killed by myself... with some help of some Rocky Mountain girls

The are always sooo attentive.... my dear Crime City

So Rocky Mountain went quite hard on my hamstrings, DeRange has this amazing heel-to-toe stride that we all tried to learn, yeah... and aperently that is NOT what my hamstrings like a few days later - that in combo with running forward on the toestops and slowing down while running full-speed... yeah... adding to that is that we ran downhill intervals during an offskates session... all this together left me with overworked hamstrings... A sensible and smart person would have gone home to Sweden and layed down and done nothing for a few days...

I am not this person, I held an off-skates practice with my team... running and jumping over obsticles... yeah... I did that until it felt like someone was jamming a knife into my hamstrings (or more like 5 knives) and I fell to the ground... the next day I held a four hour practice... everytime I tried to do something that involved sprints, I fell to the floor in excrutiating pain (true story) and since sprints and stops is what derby is all about, I just had the pleasure to coach even more... yaya... no skating for poor me... buhuuu... Like HONESTLY... I have NEVER been in this much pain in my hamstrings before...
So know I'm on a ibuprofen diet... yeah... probably for the best... I cannot even walk fast... I think I might get better by the day after tomorrow... I feel a sudden urge to do 200 sit-ups... and a plank...

No comments:

Post a Comment