Mar 11, 2011

Malmö is bouting Stockholm this weekend

(Malmö is on the front of the paper)

I have done derby for a long time - for eons if you compare me with most girls in Sweden - since half of them rode the tail of 'Whip-it'.  Sometimes I feel like there was no life before derby, and then I realize that I lived a quite exciting life before - to be honest - derby have just been a part of my life for a little over 3 years, but it has been a good 3 years.

Stockholm was the first leauge that was founded in Sweden and they were established before I even knew what derby was - so Stockholm does acctually have some girls that have skated longer then me, so I guess they are also old and beaten up like me. And so does Crime City - Vix Viking started in London before I started in JetCity - but to be honest we all started about the same time - a Swedish derby maffia was formed.First time I ever met Swedish derby girls they were all in various skates from the 70's and skating around on a ice-less hockey-rink and I think there was 7 of them - at most! I acctually brought an entire bag of skates people had ordered from Fast Girls and things that I had JetCity and RatCity girls donate. 

(Stockholm Rollerderby first time I met them in 2008)

I just love rollerderby so much, it has changed my life in many ways,  I enjoy coaching it, and I even met my partner in buiness and my partner in love via derby. So life in derby works out in mysterious ways for me. Yayaaa... 

And this weekend is historical - Malmö (Crime City) are playing against Stockholm in Swedens first real bout (when I say real I mean that we have full rosters of 14 with 2 alts each, a full reff-crew and a regulations track) - our tickets sold out in 55 minutes. Stockholm just got back from playing Kallio and winning two weeks ago, and Malmö just had a good showing against Copenhagen in a scrimmage - still it is Malmös first bout - but they are all looking amazing and great.
Stockholm vs. Malmö vill be fun - they are amazing girls - both Stockholm and Malmö - and I am sooo EXCITED and proud for both teams. They have quite different stories - but they are both hard-working, athletic and fun teams!

(According to this article and Lil Chazza - Stockholm is gonna SHOW Malmö)

And as I mentioned further down in my blogg - one of my best friends HussInsane plays for Stockholm (and once in Berlin she drove me around in a shopping cart, and once in NYC we all wore wigs, and once in Stockholm we found a unguarded beer-tap at a bar, and once on Ekerö I secured her derbyname by baptising her in blushed wine) - and she is craaazy - so the afterparty will be just GREAT! Like amazingness.... and you guys know me - winning the afterparty is also important!

No comments:

Post a Comment