Feb 7, 2011

This is how it looks in Malmö

So Crime City Rollers practices in a sports hall in a school in Malmö, the floor is slick, but my Stingers have made the skating a little easier. Even if I still slide when I try do speedlaps. We are very lucky, since the hall has allowed us to tape out a permanent track on the floor. I think that is really important for a leauge to have. Without a track it's very hard to coach track-awareness... I've played derby long enough to know EXACTLY where the track is, and it is a good thing to know, because if you don't know where the track is, you will cut it, unintentionally... During a game the reffs don't care if it's intentionally or unintentionally... a cut is a cut....

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a permanent track up here in Luleå. So far I haven't skated on a real track once. One day we will convince the kommun of the value of owning a Roller Derby center in the middle of town *nods and dreams on*.

    ReplyDelete